Pet peeves

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 years ago

Gavin S

2 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers UK

The Windows XP shutdown theme. It still fills me full of terror for reasons I've long since forgotten. In my head, I usually add the words "please - kill - me - now" in time with the "music".

3. nicolás c

3 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

People who hear that you're a programmer and then say "oh, maybe you'd take a look at my PC sometime", which is inevitably full of malware and junk.

Oh sure, I'll just sit for two hours fixing your sh*tty old computer for free. I suppose you'll return the favor and do something in your line of work, for me, for two hours, right? Perhaps you'd build me a wall for two hours? Or perhaps you'd do my accounts for two hours? No? Then why do you expect me to do it for you?!

Happens to me all the time... it's so annoying!

- Make a request in the feedback app and take an eternity in giving a concrete answer... That really makes me anxious!

4. Bill

3 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Longview Texas

When I was working as a Pro Photographer, I was always being asked to take pictures for somebody. But real irritant was when someone said "that's a great picture, you must have a really good camera". My answer was - would you tell someone who just cooked a really good meal, that they must have a great oven?

5. Tim P

3 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY
    Edited 2 years ago

Being snobby about not using plugins, and being borderline rude about it when one suggests a plugin to make a job easier.

6. Norman P

15 Aug 2017 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

folks that, no matter what wonderful things life brings, can always find a reason to gripe, moan, and !@#$% about something

7. Gavin S

26 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers UK

People who repeatedly promise things but have no intention of delivering. I know it, and they know it, but the promises still come. Just say "no" if you've no intention, why make life difficult?

8. Gavin S

@Gavin S People who repeatedly promise things but have no intention of delivering. I know it, and they know it, but the promises still come. Just say "no" if you've no intention, why make life difficult?

(To be clear, this rant is not courtesy of anyone in this thread or anyone at Xojo Inc who, nowadays, tread the line rather well between not promising anything but also giving a high-level roadmap.)

9. Gavin S

@Gavin S (To be clear, this rant is not courtesy of anyone in this thread or anyone at Xojo Inc who, nowadays, tread the line rather well between not promising anything but also giving a high-level roadmap.)

People who reply to themselves.

10. Tiago R

26 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Planet Earth

Chayote.

11. People.

12. Albin K

27 Aug 2017 Europe (Sweden)
    Edited 2 years ago

Myself, when I "Like" my own posts!

13. People people.

14. David C

30 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Derby, ITM

"People who need people are the luckiest people in the world" — Barbra Streisand

15. Barbara Streisand..(ok I'll stop now)

16. Tim P

30 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

The song Barbara Streisand

17. brian f

30 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Chilly California

canned spinach .....and Barbara Streisand

18. Gavin S

30 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers UK

My brother going on and on about kale.

19. Trying to work around a thread not being able to write anything to the main UI.

20. Tim P

30 Aug 2017 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

Not being able to use profiler with remote debug :/

21. Being forced to use the shell to work with some exe file I didn't write.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!