Pet peeves

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 years ago

Gavin S

8 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

Running a project and then instantly spotting some minor syntax error. Then, while cursing the world, waiting and watching the progress bar lurch towards the eventual failure.

3. Jeff T

8 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers Midlands of England, Europe

Running a project and then instantly spotting some minor syntax error.

'Cancel' buttons that don't do anything... :(

4. Eugene D

8 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Canada scispec.ca

Third party computer manufacturers that don’t update their drivers.

5. Bill

15 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Longview Texas

Robocalls! Some days I get so many I want to hurt somebody. And yes, my number is on the do not call list. And it's useless to threaten decapitation to a recorded message.

6. David C

16 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Derby, ITM
    Edited 2 years ago

That ICANN forces you to provide an accurate address, email and phone number when you register a domain, leading to Robocalls, junk mail and junk email.

7. Tim P

16 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

You can use a forwarding service to reduce the amount of nuisances. Dynadot even offers it free.

I'm more upset that there's a system in place that allows scumbags to just suck up the details from all new registrations. I believe that ICANN should have accurate details on file, but it also shouldn't be accessible by the general public.

8. Dale A

16 Nov 2017 San Diego, California, USA

@BillPlunkett Robocalls! Some days I get so many I want to hurt somebody. And yes, my number is on the do not call list. And it's useless to threaten decapitation to a recorded message.

Remember, the telephone does not have a Constitutional right to be answered. Caller ID and answering machines are your friends.

9. Hal G

16 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers CampSoftware.com

@David C That ICANN forces you to provide an accurate address, email and phone number when you register a domain, leading to Robocalls, junk mail and junk email.

Set up a Google Voice Phone number so it acts like an answering machine. Best thing I've ever done! Now I don't even hear it ring. :)

10. Tim P

20 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY
    Edited 2 years ago

Just a small issue with the OP of this thread and his updater module:
    Initiater is not a word.
    (Initiator is, however!)

:P

11. Tim L

22 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Phoenix, AZ, USA

@BillPlunkett Telemarketers.

I love using Asterisk PBX and the blacklist module to put them in a conference room jail with each other. You guys talk amongst yourself and stop bothering me. :)

12. Tim P

28 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

When you try to make a teaching point and someone goes and provides code answers.

13. Gavin S

28 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

It’s legitimately impressive that this thread still hasn’t been locked.

14. Eugene D

28 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Canada scispec.ca

@Tim P When you try to make a teaching point and someone goes and provides code answers.

ooo... I am bad for this one... My apologies to those whom I did this to, and to whom I will do this to in the future :)

15. Norman P

28 Nov 2017 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

@Gavin S It’s legitimately impressive that this thread still hasn’t been locked.

That this thread HASN'T been locked already :P

16. Jeff T

28 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers Midlands of England, Europe

The fact that the 'Latest' link on the right doesn't take me to the latest post in this (any) thread.

17. Tim H

28 Nov 2017 Pre-Release Testers Portland, OR USA

Is this substantively different than the Show Us Your Pets thread? I mean, pets is pets, right?

18. job interviews that go on for a month...

19. Dale A

29 Nov 2017 San Diego, California, USA

@Tim H Is this substantively different than the Show Us Your Pets thread? I mean, pets is pets, right?

Well, yeah. I think I once mentioned that I had a pet peeve until my cat ate it.

20. @Tim H I mean, pets is pets, right?

pets are pets ...

21. Tim P

15 Jan 2018 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

When someone contradicts you for shits and giggles.
    Always puts me in a bad mood.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!