Pet peeves

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

Bob K

1 Jun 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, Third Party Store Kansas City

Kansas City is mostly interstates and highways. SmartCar's aren't very practical in the burbs.

The plus side is that you're about 30 minutes from *everywhere* in Kansas City unless it's the rush (half) hour or inclement weather and then you're 60 minutes from there. More highway miles per capita that most places.

3. Gavin S

7 Jun 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

People saying "infamous" when they simply mean "really famous".

4. Sam R

7 Jun 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, Third Party Store Hengchun, Pingtung, Taiwan

@Gavin S People saying "infamous" when they simply mean "really famous".

Ha ha... The 3 Amigos.

5. Tim P

7 Jun 2016 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

When Mountain Dew does not have the same effect as an energy drink.

6. Sam R

7 Jun 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, Third Party Store Hengchun, Pingtung, Taiwan

@Tim P There's no place to rent a smartcar in Kansas City.

Hyundai SUVs, and drivers who think they can go off road with them. One caused problems last night blocking the entrance to a beach. Who knew a 4x4 could get stuck in such hard shallow sand (not the lose stuff on the actual beach).

7. Norman P

7 Jun 2016 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

Cross over - yes
    Off road - no

And any vehicle driven by a bleephole can get stuck just about anywhere

8. Norman P

7 Jun 2016 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...
    Edited 4 years ago

The idiots who think their car is sooooooo special they take up 4 spots
    Like this
    I happen to really like the special notations on the lot too :)

-image-

9. Albin K

7 Jun 2016 Europe (Sweden)

@Norman P The idiots who think their car is sooooooo special they take up 4 spots
    Like this

-image-

The best thing to do in cases like this is if four other cars park in the four spots as close as they can to that car so he can't move an inch ;)

10. Albin K

7 Jun 2016 Europe (Sweden)

@Norman P The idiots who think their car is sooooooo special they take up 4 spots
    Like this

-image-

Question: Would he get four parking tickets? You have to park inside the lines and he fails to do that in four places ;)

11. Louis D

7 Jun 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro QC, Canada

The best thing to do in cases like this is if four other cars park in the four spots as close as they can to that car so he can't move an inch ;)

Most certainly not. This guy owns a shotgun and will use it on a**holes who block his way out.

12. Norman P

@Albin K The best thing to do in cases like this is if four other cars park in the four spots as close as they can to that car so he can't move an inch ;)

I've seen that one done too :P

13. Norman P

@LouisDesjardins Most certainly not. This guy owns a shotgun and will use it on a**holes who block his way out.

So do the 4 others who park around him (this IS Alberta!) so its 4 against one :)
    Feel lucky punk ?

Around here parking lots at Walmart etc are PRIVATE property & I have seen some creative dealings with jerks like this.
    One was the attendant who gathered up all the shopping carts parking 8 rows around the vehicle (2 on each side) so the bleephole had to move a pile to get in to his vehicle. And while doing so a lot of other people heard the cursing & swearing and came over and pointed & laughed.

Public shaming at its best

14. Rich H

7 Jun 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 4 years ago

only down side is the guy would probably not care if the shopping carts he was removing hit other cars near by. On a different note, a tire boot would be more entertaining to watch him remove :)

15. Norman P

if no one were standing there when he removed them very likely he'd just shove them out of the way
    But there were maybe 20 people watching, taking pictures and laughing
    He was VERY careful not to just shove them into other peoples cars

16. Gavin S

11 Jun 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

Every time someone posts spam: multi-day long threads discussing it.

17. People who the on spam discussers :(

18. Tim H

11 Jun 2016 Pre-Release Testers Portland, OR USA

People who hate me because I like to talk about
    -image-

19. "Modified Potato Starch" - it just sounds horrible.

That said, I'm off to eat some modified pig, along with some modified chicken ovulations.

20. My last message made absolutely no sense. Pesky auto-correct!

21. Edited 4 years ago

Bandwidth hoggers, who post ginormous images of tinned spam :)

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!