1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

Tim P

1 Sep 2014 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

Windows

3. Albin K

1 Sep 2014 Europe (Sweden)

@Tim P Windows

Do you live in a windowless bunker by any chance? ;)

4. Tim P

4 Sep 2014 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

When I can't control my smiley face emoticons, and end up using them as punctuation marks :P

5. Gavin S

5 Sep 2014 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

When people can't understand why I might like listening to heavy metal as well as classical music.

6. Brad H

5 Sep 2014 Down here on the farm.

@Gavin S When people can't understand why I might like listening to heavy metal as well as classical music.

You evolved to have 2 ears. Might as well use them both to your full reproductive advantage!

7. @Gavin S When people can't understand why I might like listening to heavy metal as well as classical music.

You could do that with just one ear - Flight Of The Bumblebee

- leaving the other for some banging hard house ...

8. Norman P

5 Sep 2014 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

@Gavin S When people can't understand why I might like listening to heavy metal as well as classical music.

Heavy Metal
    Classical :P

9. Tim P

5 Sep 2014 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

When you go to add a contextual click menu, and you get totally carried away re-writing most of your save engine (and it's totally unrelated)

Bonus points though, it's much more robust and even easier to read in code.

10. Gavin S

7 Sep 2014 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

@Norman P Heavy Metal
    Classical :P

I've only really started to listen to classical over the last year or two. I listen to it when coding (it's either that or white noise, as I work from home and I've 3 kids...) and now I've actually started to like certain composers.

11. Norman P

7 Sep 2014 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

@Gavin S I've only really started to listen to classical over the last year or two. I listen to it when coding (it's either that or white noise, as I work from home and I've 3 kids...) and now I've actually started to like certain composers.

all work from home
    kids are grown up & moved out
    It's just me & the dog all day and mostly old rock & roll (60's and 70's) hollies, ac/dc, bread, stampeders, pink floyd - just not heavy metal and definitely NO classical
    And when I want just white noise I open the windows & listen to the cows :P

My only pet peeve about where I live
    NO DELIVERY - of anything. UPS won't come out here, Fed Ex, no one. And no delivery of pizza, chinese food nothing :( despite that being good for my waist line

12. Gavin S

@Norman P all work from home
    kids are grown up & moved out
    It's just me & the dog all day and mostly old rock & roll (60's and 70's) hollies, ac/dc, bread, stampeders, pink floyd - just not heavy metal and definitely NO classical
    And when I want just white noise I open the windows & listen to the cows :P

Sounds like heaven. I've a plan to buy some remote land and build a simple cabin for working in.

13. Norman P

7 Sep 2014 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

if someone had said to me 15 years ago "You're going to live out in the country far away from any town next to cows & fields of grains" I'd have said they were nuts

Now I've been here nearly 10 years (the longest I've lived in any one place in my married life) and have NO plans of moving

It's nice

I should run a "Coding Cabin" or something from here for folks looking to get away from it all :P

14. Gavin S

@Norman P if someone had said to me 15 years ago "You're going to live out in the country far away from any town next to cows & fields of grains" I'd have said they were nuts

Now I've been here nearly 10 years (the longest I've lived in any one place in my married life) and have NO plans of moving

It's nice

I should run a "Coding Cabin" or something from here for folks looking to get away from it all :P

Sign. Me. Up.

Silence is a precious and rare resource.

15. Norman P

We have lots of that
    Wait til january when theres feet of snow - its REALLY quiet - well except for when I have to go out & plow all that off the driveway.
    Then there's a lot of cursing in the dark :)

16. Payam A

7 Sep 2014 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

I wonder if "anyhow" is a correct word to say, and if it is used alternatively to "anyway". I don't know.

17. Norman P

That things are always in the last place you look :P

18. Tim P

7 Sep 2014 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

@Norman P That things are always in the last place you look :P

Well if you found something and it wasn't in the last place you look, that means you kept searching after you found it...

19. Norman P

yeah but why can't why be in the FIRST place I look ? :)

20. Why don't you just look in the last place you would normally look - FIRST. Then it will be in the first place you look!
    Simple! :)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!