New SQLite Editor

I am currently developing an SQLite database editor, mainly because some of the features I wanted in a DB editor didn’t exist in many of the commercial apps. I am looking at putting this out commercially on the MAS once completed but am interested if anyone has any features they feel are missing in many of the commercial offerings so I could look at putting these in. Don’t worry if they are not specifically SQLite as I may well expand to other DB’s in the future.

Any input would be appreciated.

There are plenty of them outside…Can you describe the features that you will implement and you cannot find them on existing software ?

I don’t want to list the features I am adding just yet. I was just interested if anyone had any features they would like implementing in such software.

schema diffing :stuck_out_tongue:
so you can point it at two db’s simultaneously & it writes you a script to update one to the other

I did that once upon a time & its very handy when you have to start moving dev code to QA for testers and then finally roll it out to production

Valentina studio includes SQL DIFF. The same functionality as Normal described.

Alert the user when the database might be encrypted and give them the option of entering the encryption key.

[quote=82033:@Norman Palardy]schema diffing :stuck_out_tongue:
so you can point it at two db’s simultaneously & it writes you a script to update one to the other

I did that once upon a time & its very handy when you have to start moving dev code to QA for testers and then finally roll it out to production[/quote]

+1

especially if you are going to support dbases other than SQLite in the future.

Do you mean on opening?

Is Norman … Normal? :slight_smile: :wink:

No certainly not, he is very exceptional, i think he is the only person on earth who can worn out a virtual keyboard ! :wink:

I can’t get this to work on PostgreSQL - would be so handy if I could! Sure, it’s something I’m doing wrong.

I’m not sure if this is possible but I have a request for a feature to possibly be implemented:

I would like to be able to put my mouth next to the microphone and say:
“Create a database called Test”
“Create a table called Table1”
"Add a column called “Column 1”
“load the value of TextField1 into Column1 - now save database”.

Do you think you would be able to implement this feature?
If so, I would like it by this afternoon please.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

richard… that would be cool

[quote]
Mike Charlesworth

[quote]Dale Arends Alert the user when the database might be encrypted and give them the option of entering the encryption key.[/quote]

Do you mean on opening?[/quote]

Yes. If the opening of the database fails but the file is actually there, pop up a small window telling the user the database open failed and the database might be encrypted and let the user put in the encryption key. Something like this:

If the user cancels or the key fails, put up the usual error on opening message.

[quote=82293:@Dale Arends]Yes. If the opening of the database fails but the file is actually there, pop up a small window telling the user the database open failed and the database might be encrypted and let the user put in the encryption key. Something like this:

If the user cancels or the key fails, put up the usual error on opening message.[/quote]
Seems like a simple enough feature… i’ll put that one in

I’m on my third :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=82033:@Norman Palardy]schema diffing :stuck_out_tongue:

I did that once upon a time & its very handy when you have to start moving dev code to QA for testers and then finally roll it out to production[/quote]
Would this include all the data also or just the schema?

schema
db synching is far more involved & usual requires some level of business process
for moving a product from dev to qa to production you rarely want the data to go along with it UNLESS its some new lookup table etc but thats easier to deal with