Calendar & Time Chooser Talk (2019)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 years ago

Mike C

21 Feb 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)

Well no wonder why this bug didn't come up the last 2 years of development... This year is a leap year which is the cause of my +1 situation calendar slot wise (issue stated by Axel above).

3. Mike C

Edited 3 years ago

Still tracking down a new issue uncovered.

4. Mike C

Edited 3 years ago

Ok Issue #16 is now completely fixed - thank you Axel for uncovering this and showing me the steps to recreate it!!!

Thanks Axel and everyone for the support of this project. It has really come along with the Xojo communities help!

All fixes have been committed to the repository.

https://github.com/IntelligentVisibility/CalendarTimeChooser

5. Marco H

21 Feb 2016 Pre-Release Testers Cali, Colombia

Looks great guys! Congrats!

Just a tiny remark; In Dutch, the week days abbreviations are: Ma, Di, Wo, Do, Vr, Za and Zo.

6. Mike C

Edited 3 years ago

Thanks Marco :) My Dutch is off a bit :) I want to say we had a thing on here a year or so ago where some of the two letter abbreviations conflicted so we moved to three.

Is this still valid or your two letter abbreviations should replace my 3 letter ones?
    Thanks!

Currently they are:
    DayOfWeekArray_SS.Append "Zon" // Sunday
    DayOfWeekArray_SS.Append "Maa"
    DayOfWeekArray_SS.Append "Din"
    DayOfWeekArray_SS.Append "Woe"
    DayOfWeekArray_SS.Append "Don"
    DayOfWeekArray_SS.Append "Vry"
    DayOfWeekArray_SS.Append "Zat" // Saturday

7. 5 months ago

Mike C

Feb 18 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)
    Edited 5 months ago

Hi all,

It's been a while, but thanks to @erin j new project (Erin Jamroz Date Picker ) I decided to update this project. I fixed some long standing bugs and aesthetic issues i have had in this project for version 3.0.4.

Calendar & Time Chooser User Documentation

Calendar & Time Chooser 3.0.4 on Github

-image-
    -image-

8. Mike C

Feb 25 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)

I have replaced the Year popup menu with a combo box (A Sam Rowlands 2015 request :) ). I also have realigned many of the small pixel alignments throughout the project. Additionally I fixed the bug that wasn't allowing users to set their user Start/End Year ranges. ** I do need to throughly test this in Windows 10 still (pending).

-image-

9. 2 months ago

Philip C

May 22 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Cooroy, QLD, Australia

Hi
    Very impressed with the work done and the ease of use.
    I sent an email with an image showing that although the initial date is highlighted correctly (May 23rd 2019), it shows as a Friday instead of the (correct day) Thursday. I understand you have had issues with this in the past, and suspect that it has something to do with the algorithm used for leap years. If so, probably a silly question and shows my ignorance, but would it not be easier to get the day and date from the current computer?
    Thanks again for all you hard work and the contribution made to the community.

10. 9 weeks ago

Mike C

May 23 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)

@Philip C Hi
    I sent an email with an image showing that although the initial date is highlighted correctly (May 23rd 2019), it shows as a Friday instead of the (correct day) Thursday. I understand you have had issues with this in the past, and suspect that it has something to do with the algorithm used for leap years. If so, probably a silly question and shows my ignorance, but would it not be easier to get the day and date from the current computer?

Thanks Philip for the info and I will look into it soon. I appreciate your help!

Mike

11. That's a beautiful calendar-clock. I suppose there isn't a web version?

12. 8 weeks ago

Mike C

May 24 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)

@Peter G That's a beautiful calendar-clock. I suppose there isn't a web version?

Sorry, not with this open source project as its desktop only.

13. Mike C

May 24 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)

@Philip C Hi

Philip,

The image you emailed me - this project is working as intended. The Bold date is "Today's date" that you will automatically go back to when you press the "dot". In your picture the day that is highlighted is user selected. I fixed the leap year issue a while back and I validated the current code base is working as intended.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and thanks for using our project!

- Mike

14. I'm liking this little project a lot.

I'm seeing an error in the latest version, in reference to TimePicker1.colonVar

It seems to be missing from the project.

15. Mike C

May 25 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)
    Edited 8 weeks ago

@Stephen T I'm liking this little project a lot.

I'm seeing an error in the latest version, in reference to TimePicker1.colonVar

It seems to be missing from the project.

Stephen this is where colonVar is declared in our project and it works as intended.

-image-

Maybe you could try to re-clone the project? or just add it on your current project.

Thanks

16. Alberto D

May 25 Pre-Release Testers
    Edited 8 weeks ago

Downloaded from github and I get this:
    -image-
    No colonVar property

Edit: Thank you @Mike C I'm sure that was the case.

17. Mike C

Edited 8 weeks ago

You were probably on Master and not develop --> Let me merge.

Yes confirmed develop is now merged onto Master - please go ahead and confirm for me please?

Thanks Alberto / Stephen!

18. Mike C

FWIW I still need to test this version of my project with Windows 10+ as i haven't had time to quite yet. I am sure some of the time highlights may be off on Windows at the moment.

19. Thankyou Mike, thats all working as expected now.

Mac, OSX El Cap, Xojo2019r1.1

:)

20. Philip C

May 26 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Cooroy, QLD, Australia

I found an interesting problem. If the start date and end date are not defined in the setup routines, then the day of the week and the date displayed are not in sync.
    For example, Monday 27th May 2019 will have the date correct as 27, but the day will be displayed incorrectly.
    This failure on my part caused the problem I sent to Mike recently. My fault entirely. I mention it here in case someone else has a similar problem.

21. Mike C

May 26 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)
    Edited 8 weeks ago

T

@Philip C I found an interesting problem. If the start date and end date are not defined in the setup routines, then the day of the week and the date displayed are not in sync.
    For example, Monday 27th May 2019 will have the date correct as 27, but the day will be displayed incorrectly.
    This failure on my part caused the problem I sent to Mike recently. My fault entirely. I mention it here in case someone else has a similar problem.

Thanks Philip for the experience, but that is why I wrote very detailed “getting started” documentation and reference it straight away in the github readme.

The main reasons I did this was to be very clear on how to use the project as I am not super experienced coder, however I am not afraid to put my work out into the community. So the documentation was my equalizer :)

https://github.com/IntelligentVisibility/CalendarTimeChooser/tree/master/Documentation

or Sign Up to reply!