Xojo Cloud Firewall issues

From a webapp on my Xojo Cloud server I am trying to access a mailserver through a POP3 socket. It works fine – collects mail – when running in the IDE, but is blocked by the firewall on the server. I am opening port 110 using this code:

fwp =New XojoCloud.FirewallPort(110, XojoCloud.FirewallPort.Direction.Outgoing) fwp.Open() // This call is synchronous. If NOT fwp.isOpen() Then LogError "Port 110 not open!" end if
The logError respons is always “Port 110 not open!”. There could be a bug giving erroneous messages here, I understand from another posting, but I am certainly not being connected to the mail server.

Likewise I experience the same problem when using smtp to send an email.
What am I doing wrong?

I’ve been having similar issues. I suspect that IsOpen is always returning false. In one of my apps running on the Xojo Cloud if I don’t check the IsOpen result it still sends mail through a gmail account.

But in another app, I’m trying to open a port for a db server and it’s not working regardless. So try not checking.

Nothing. My experience has been the same as Bob’s. XojoCloud.FirewallPort.IsOpen is not yet reliable.

We just pushed out a middleware update which should fix this. Please try again in 20 minutes or so.

I waited an hour and tried again - no success I am afraid.

When run from IDE the response is:

ping = Pinger akhmenu.net [213.162.240.87] with 32 byte data: Answer from 213.162.240.87: byte=32 time=29ms TTL=55 Connecting to server mail.akhmenu.net port 110 Connection established Login successful

When run from XojoCloud the response is:

ping = ping: icmp open socket: Permission denied Connecting to server mail.akhmenu.net port 110

• then I get a timeout waiting for the server. Even the ping to the POP3socket.adress is denied.

Don’t use “ping” to check your port. Try to connect to the service through the newly opened port. The firewall sees ICMP packets as bad traffic and drops them.

You mean “our” firewall on the Xojo Cloud doesn’t allow the ping to get through?
Still doesn’t work, though, without the ping:

Port 110 not open! Connecting to server mail.akhmenu.net port 110 Server error 103 () Id=0
I have also omitted the “.isOpen()”-testing at no avail.

Should I report this bug via Feedback? A server without port control isn’t very interesting.

It’s already been reported. I’ll be working on this today.

Can you try the firewall access again and let us know? Thanks.

You fixed it - well done! Both the POP3- and the SMTPsockects got through your super-secure firewall. Thank you very much, I gather that I am not the only one who is VERY happy with this.

Is XojoCloud.FirewallPort.IsOpen also working now?

Yes, it appears so, as I didn’t got the message from this if-test:

If NOT fwp.isOpen() Then LogError "Port 110 not open!" end if

[quote=78320:@Stig R. Arnesen]Yes, it appears so, as I didn’t got the message from this if-test:

If NOT fwp.isOpen() Then LogError "Port 110 not open!" end if[/quote]
Thank you! That’s good news.