Remote Debugging of WebApps using RemoteDebuggerConsole

I am using an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with ia32-libs installed. I get the following trying to start the remote debugger.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 167 Dec 30 19:07 RDS.config -rwxr--r-- 1 root root 1248276 Apr 4 01:24 RemoteDebuggerConsole drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Dec 30 18:56 RemoteDebuggerConsole Libs root@devweb:~/debugger# ./RemoteDebuggerConsole Runtime Error Please report what caused this error along with the information below. Common/Loaders/Loader.cpp: 186 Failure Condition: functionEntry Could not resolve function '__error_location' in libc.so Aborted (core dumped)

Contents of RDS.config

MachineName=webserver
DownloadDirectory=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/dev
IPAddress=10.10.0.11
ServerPort=44553
MaxConnections=20
AutoLaunch=false
PublicStub=false
Password=mypass

Any ideas?

I’m using Xojo 2014r1. Could this be the same issue?

https://forum.xojo.com/10024-remote-debugging-on-console/0

Ubuntu is becoming a dead end for my testing and deployment. I used to be able to download old versions (v10-11), perform the software update and have them run Xojo apps, but not any more, even with the hints suggested in this forum. I am thinking of just stopping supporting the testing on Linux until these issues are resolved. Ubuntu (not Xojo) are shooting themselves in the foot.

Suppose we’ll have to try the next release.

That looks like a missing library. Have you run

ldd RemoteDebuggerConsole

This is a known issue in Xojo 2014r1. You need to downloaded the latest update, r1.1 which should solve that particular issue. I think they originally forgot to include it in the initial release, but added it a few hours later after the download link was already in place. So, if you had downloaded the r1.1 release previously… try to again, then use the remote debugger with that one and try it.

I know this error, but that is now ok for me. But is there anyone get debugging of WebApps working with remotedebugger for console working?
On my system it starts the app, but I can’t connect to it, there where no ports bound to the app. Starting the same app locally works. Building the app and starting that on linux works, too.