80 Language Translation Class

Translate to and from over 80 Languages!

For a limited time, the SimTranslator Class for Xojo will be available at HALF PRICE, marked-down from $80 to $40 per serial number!

The SimTranslator Class is the equivalent of Google’s API Translation service but without the hassle of a small word limit or having to pay per translation. SimTranslator Class can translate equally as well as Google’s (try it out at translate.google.com if you are weary!). The demo application below, has the full SimTranslator Class and has unlimited use in a Xojo Debug Build application. You can try it as long as you like before deciding to purchase a serial number. Like Google’s translation service, the source language can be detected automatically, and there are over 80 languages to translate to and from. To use the SimTranslator Class in a standalone application, you will need to purchase a one-time reusable serial number to use in your software. For a limited time, for the price that Google charges for 2 M of text translation ($40.00 USD), you can have unlimited translations indefinitely at a fraction of the price. Make your software friendly for everyone, in every language.

Get the FULL Translator Class and Demo Code to try before you Buy:
http://www.xojodevspot.com/Translator.xojo_binary_project

Buy your serial number here: http://xojodevspot.com/applications/easyshop/easyshop.php?prod.6

After purchase, please private message “simulanics” at xojodevspot.com or send an email to mcombatti@xojostudio.org to expedite receiving your serial number. Paypal notifications are sometimes delayed. Your serial number will be delivered after a PayPal Notification has been received, or when your IPN has been verified via email.

Look what Google charges for the same service:

For clarification, is this using Google’s API behind the scenes?

No. The next release will feature another 20 languages . So far I have covered all languages supported by Bing and Google in the class. It is a translation API service actually powered by Real Studio on the back end (since 2011), for which we charge (like Google does per translation), but since we’ve had a slow month, I wrote a class to access the API’s from Xojo and am giving Xojo users unlimited for life translations with the class. The serial number and registered name actually act as the API access method, which is why the serial is sent manually via email as there is no method to automatically enter a user into the system that doesn’t pay per translation. So I enter the user’s credentials and flag the user as unlimited. There is also PHP, Ruby, Python, C++, LiveCode and Java code to access the APIs (no freebies for these languages).

You could probably tell where it goes by watching IP traffic with a tool like Little Snitch

Watching my network traffic, it connects immediately and only to Google’s servers. Am I missing something?

I had done just that :slight_smile: The translations are identical to Google’s, character for character, even when Bing varies wildly, which is why I was curious.

Well, that “No” sounds too categorical. It seems to be using Google Translation services mainly, even if it may not be the only service it can use (but I can’t trigger another one so I’m guessing Google’s API is the main one in use). It seems to be working around the API limitations, but the translations come from Google Translate both from comparing the results and from checking the connections it makes.

The only Google API used is for language detection (Detect API can return language codes based on language, return important values to solve word problems, give details about words ie noun, verb, adjective, etc., return city by phone number, and all sorts). A call is made based on the Input and Google responds back with a language code. It is then fed via proxy to Language Net at:

http://langnet.simulanics.com/?base=en&target=es&tempkey=84sd8d0s&input=hello%20world!

where a translation is formed and returned from the server. The above link should work until the key expires.

I just tried the demo app. The translation gets lots of “?” characters in it. I tried several different fonts just to make sure it wasnt a font issue.

thought you would like to know.

Matt, it connects only to Google’s translation servers. There is no other traffic elsewhere and the translation is character for character identical to Google’s, no matter what nonsense is entered. Was this mean to be posted on April 1?

Very big doubts this is legit. I used to design Translation Engines with my company for L&H (Dragon Systems) a couple of years ago. We had a couple of dozen linguists working for years to build ONE language pair (you quickly have databases running in the millions of terms). Lots of engineers worked on the engines (on one language at the time, because they are all very different, so magically getting 20 more…). And the first thing we wrote was the ‘Language Detection’ module. It is actually very easy to do. Also, make sure you are behind some good proxies because Google is not happy with something like this.

Alaine - Unless you have anything of value to contribute…P’s and Q’s… This is not a company solicitation for TransPerfect(which you must be aware of if you worked for Dragon systems? As a competitor…), the main “Language Net” (Globallink has depreciated language net). There are offices in over 85 countries, with over 300 server locations to make requests from. I would show (not give) the source code to anyone in question (which is pretty sad…shameful actually). Not all socket methods register in the system monitor (Just search for my facebook classes, users wondered how it got facebook information when the only link they saw appearing was not facebook…Rather Facebook’s image/video server(non secure data)… For the reason of sniffers, its best to keep sensitive data secure yes? Hiding it from sight of the system is the best method… There is a workaround but this is not a security course) And as then, after a few saw the inner workings were dumbfounded at the simplicity. An easy example of this is to create a winsock on windows using API and flagging it with special privileges as an admin (google “hide network traffic”)…it will not show up in the system network monitor, although will yield an error if attempting to use the same port from another piece of software, and packetsniffers will not work on the port. This capability is only available on Windows and Mac OSX. Linux prevented this from the start, which is why on Linux the class is a second or two slower than when run on Win/Mac. Rather than 2 calls being made (one hidden)one to googles detection api, 4 calls are made… One to google, one to the authorization server, one to the verification server (renders access key), and finally to the depreciated Language Net. I can make a few changes for anyone not needing “auto detect,” in which case you will see no network traffic but mysteriously the class renders a translation still… possible explanation? - millions of translations must be hardcoded into the tiny class because we don’t see any request being made. Transfer by electrical induction? Osmosis? Quantum entanglement must be the answer… intelligence doesn’t lie in complexity, it lies in simplicity and willingness to accept that we know what we know, and don’t know what we don’t know. Heck, in less than 3 months I developed a full iOS compiler written in Real Studio which after 2 years of further development has flourished on my personal side (must have a dozen apps already on appstore before I switched over to android.it was available publicly for a short time before the RS license changed about “creation of development tools” and as of then Geoff asked me to take it down as not to cause competition and legal questions with the new license and the “in progress ios development”)…has a Visual Basic/Xojo syntax and is fully compatible with obj-c/c/c++ code as well… Xojos been developing their own personal blend ios compiler since what…2008…2009 (6 years)? Was suppose to be released in 2013…was suppose be released beginning of this year…now for june (maybe). You know what they say about making assumptions. So please by all means have the decency to PM me any questions or slingings you may have. As everyone knows, who knows me here, I am always willing to learn something new, and teach things that I know others don’t. Anyone else figured out facebook/instagram/amazon cloud apis yet? Nope, because the httpsocket class uses 1.0 protocol (obsolete since 2002-2003). And as everyone knows, with the new standards being set in stone this year (http 1.1 and changes to HTML5), the http1.0 protocol is soon to be useless (except to get raw xml/html). Although if you use my http1.1 socket class (encrypted is free) I’m sure anyone could develop APIs for HTTP 1.1 REQUIRED services. Or, I can provide the already made classes. So, since you all have nothing to do, I have given you something to read, think about, ponder the exciting capabilities of hiding network traffic (for real look it up it’s some neat stuff and useful), and perhaps answered your question. If needed, the TP headquarters is in NY and I WOULD LOVE to give you my department manager’s number (he’s not a fan of the Xojo community or the product, but I love it and work quickly with it… so he tolerates it).

Scott - Try using convert encoding to utf8 (or 16 depending on the language…utf8 should work for all languages though). The character being displayed is not found within the font glyphs. You can PM me and I would be glad to help you. What language are you translating to and from (for testing purposes).

PS - I love your waffles!

Matthew, I have no doubt you are a remarkable programer, and although your fabled iOS thing will never be seen, I want to believe it actually exists because it is such a beautiful story. But that has noting to do with your Simulanics Translator Class.

Fact is you class translations and Google ones are identical character for character. Verified and reproductible.

I would not venture in inferring whatever concerning the API that powers your class and frankly do not care about its inner workings. For all intents and purposes, it works beautifully, just as beautifully as translate.google.com and this is an excellent result :wink:

You may want to check the encoding, though. French accented characters are displayed wrong :frowning:

No fables heres the post (or you could verify with Geoff it does indeed exist) :slight_smile: are you any good with c/c++/or Java? There’s a reason I ask.

Simulanics iOS Builder 2.0
http://xojodevspot.com/news.php?item.31.1
The post remains but links have been taken down as per Geoffs request.

Same with the cross-platform (compile to single file works on all platforms) plugin builder :-/
https://forum.xojo.com/8273-would-this-violate-the-xojo-eula/0

[quote=76553:@Matthew Combatti]No fables heres the post (or you could verify with Geoff it does indeed exist) :slight_smile: are you any good with c/c++/or Java? There’s a reason I ask.

[/quote]

Why do you have this need to discuss others competence ? Are you feeling insecure ? Do you need extra validation ?

I am aware of the threads you mention. Nice pictures…

Its sad though to see some of the jerryatrics here drive developers away by their snideness. All too often I see posts like the following… which I remove from the sites reference list. There is only one reason for such behavior, saddness and unhappiness. But I don’t let it get to me.

not at all implying you Michael. And no, I ask because we have an open framework available for dabbling…not written in or with Xojo. And I’m excited to share (that post is also available), surely Xojo may not be the only language community you belong to?. I’m merely a connesiure of languages…lingual and code.

It is spelled geriatrics. Which is the opposite of childish. As a connoisseur of languages, you cannot spell jerryatrics, can you ? Are you any good at English ?

Another word for promising programs that never made it to market : vaporware.

Matthew, your class uses Google for translations. I can assure you that I can see what traffic leaves my computer and network. I suggest you stop digging.

Oh I suspect matts ticked at me and the PM I sent him