IndieAppSales

There’s now over 200 apps in this promotion.

If Xojo paid you to participate and include “Made with Xojo” somewhere, would you? (not saying, they would just trying to inspire them).

Looks professional to me.

Never heard of it. Should check it out.

I think the problem you ran into here is that we don’t have any idea if we’re interested in joining this thing, because you didn’t tell us what it is. If you would have explained in a nutshell what the service does, who it’s for, and why anyone should use it, then we might have a reason to click the link. In other words, “if anyone is interested in joining, go here” … how does anyone know if they’re inetersted in something that hasn’t been described at all? As it is, the post reads like spam (I hope you can see that too?) I know you want to share and help fellow developers …

When I follow the link, I find out the service is for people already selling on the Mac App Store. The idea seems to be for developers to provide their own discounts, and this site is just a place to list those discounts. That sounds like a pretty good idea to me, and there is good reason to use this service rather than others like Paddle (which I would never do) who want to sell your apps for you and take a cut.

There are obvious potential questions, like: what’s the catch? Or, is setting up a discount on MAS a painless process? Etc. I find Apple’s online interfaces horrid and avoid logging into the dev portal and MAS like the plague, so telling us about your experience setting everything up would also have helped.

I hope you’ll report back to let us know your thoughts once you’ve been through the whole process of one of these sale events. If it’s positive then certainly others will want to participate in the future.

I apologize, I was excited by the prospect of a FREE promotion, all you need to do is to discount your app during the period and list it on that site.

Not just MAS, most of the Mac apps from established names in the shareware community are sold outside MAS, neither of my paid apps are in MAS (Apple’s choice, not mine).

Which means unfortunately I’ve not gone through the MAS experience myself in many years. I seem to recall you can arrange time limited promotions to start on one date and end on another, maybe in the pricing section.

Edit: Removed info about my past experiences with MAS.

Alrighty, so someone was wanting to know how this promotion is going. The discount hasn’t started yet, but I am seeing an overall increase in traffic to my site, as this promotion is being mentioned in various places.

Compared to same period last year, Sleep Aid sales are up by 30%, not massive by any scale, but it’s really really nice, considering the actual promotion hasn’t yet started.

6 Likes

The promotion looks interesting and we wish you the best. I may buy a few titles there.

Seems also be a great chance to point to a few apps as made with Xojo.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with you there.

1 Like

There is now 233 apps in IndieAppSales and one day left to join.

2 Likes

Celebrate Pi Day this year, by saving 30% (yeah, I know it shoulda been 31%) off App Wrapper and Sleep Aid (both are still currently made with Xojo).

Visit https://indieappsales.com/ for details and discounts on over 267 Mac, iOS, iPad, Android & visionOS apps.

1 Like