OS X: Failed with error -10810

I compiled a app and it works fine.
Opening the same app a few days later i get the message: “failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/blablubb.app” in system.log and the app don`t start!
If i compile the app again it works fine!

Any suggestions?

Your process table could be full: http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/error-10810.html

Thanks for answer but could not be…
After reboot it does not work but if i compile it again it works.
must be an error of real basic/xojo i think…

Does anything potentially relevant show up in Console? The -10810 error code turns out to be kLSUnknownErr (from LaunchServices), which isn’t particularly helpful.

Console logged this:

14.03.14 17:20:43,517 open[399]: 8837325: Attempting to SIGCONT to pid #400 failed, with errno=#3, or the process failed to actually start

[quote=71432:@tom tom]Console logged this:

14.03.14 17:20:43,517 open[399]: 8837325: Attempting to SIGCONT to pid #400 failed, with errno=#3, or the process failed to actually start[/quote]

Can you check to see if the actual executable file has the executable bit set? From a quick search, it sounds related to this: https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/issues/1303.

Looks OK…
ls -la
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 tomtom admin 2,2M 11 Dez 03:38 /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/blablubb

chmod -x /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb
ls -la
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 tomtom admin 2,2M 11 Dez 03:38 /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb

App does not run :frowning:

[quote=71437:@tom tom]Looks OK…
ls -la
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 tomtom admin 2,2M 11 Dez 03:38 /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/blablubb

ls -la
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 tomtom admin 2,2M 11 Dez 03:38 /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb

App does not run :-([/quote]

Well that’s strange. What happens if you invoke it directly on the command line?

./Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb

/Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb ; exit;
Fr 14 Mr 2014 17:57:57 CET
mac:Desktop tomtom$ /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb ; exit;
-bash: /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb: Operation not permitted
logout

open /Applications/blablubb.app

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/blablubb.app.

[quote=71437:@tom tom]Looks OK…
ls -la

ls -la

App does not run :-([/quote]

Did you try chmod +x? -x would remove the executable bit.

Sorry, was my write-mistake.
Have done +x but does not work!

Try this in Terminal:

file /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb; chmod +x /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb; /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb

Is that all in one line?

Then i get:

/Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb: Mach-O executable i386
-bash: /Applications/blablubb.app/Contents/MacOS/blablubb: Operation not permitted